Research and scholarship
- Research agenda and framework development for MIL;
- Conduct research on MIL;
- Pursuing opportunities for research funding;
- Developing research capacity, in particular through inquiry-based educational programs;
- Sharing discoveries, through scholarship, learning, teaching, innovation, and other activities, and encourage take-up by the practitioner community;
- Extending and developing alliances and collaboration with the international community of information literacy and information behavior researchers
Education and professional development
Curriculum development and training workshops provision on the following areas:
- News Literacy
- Social Media Literacy
- Media Literacy
- Digital Literacy
- Data Literacy
The development of resource materials for use of the teachers who will teach MIL at school and college level as mandated by the government.
- Policy advocacy
- Youth and community engagement
- Children and adolescent engagement
- Communication materials on MIL issues
Networking and Partnerships
- We are the coordinator for south Asia for GAPMIL.
- Facilitating networking and research through the Global Alliance for Partnerships on MIL (GAPMIL) and other networks
- Local-level: NGO, schools, and Media
The creation of BAMIL at the national level.